Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day in the life: Puppy Mill raided

Here's to another update on what I’ve been doing this week as a reporter. I said in an earlier post that I really enjoy reporting and sharing information with people, but there are some stories that really make me sad. This story happened to be one of them. We got a tip about a puppy mill that was being run in a Levy County home. Over 60 dogs were taken from this home in bad condition. The owners were breeding these dogs and selling them on Craigslist. I was so horrified to think about all of those poor dogs living in those conditions. I really don't like having to report about stories whether there's mistreatment, crime, pain and suffering (among other horrible things), but I also realize that doing so is a part of keeping the public informed. For example, wouldn't you be upset if there was a killer on the loose in your city and no news stations warned you about it? Stories like these aren't pleasant, but it's my job to inform the public about ALL things news, the good and the bad. So how does the story end? The puppies turned out to be okay and are being placed into loving, secure homes. The owners? Well, they're not doing okay. They're being charged with multiple counts of animal cruelty.

No comments:

Post a Comment