Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day in the life: Meeting the First Lady of Florida

I have literally ALWAYS wanted to a journalist. Since about the age of eight or nine, I really couldn't think of anything else I wanted to do. I love to share information with people, to tell them something they didn't know before. Growing up, it got to the point where my mother would say, "you're going to work for BBC one day, you watch." The rest has really been history. While I'm not quite at the BBC just yet, I have had the chance to work at CNN as a Summer 2013 intern and I currently intern at the Gainesville Television Network (GTN News) and report/anchor for WUFT News on the UF campus. Having all of these experiences has really solidified my decision to pursue a career in the journalism industry. Which brings me to the picture above. While out reporting for WUFT News last week, I had the amazing opportunity to meet the First Lady of Florida, Ann Scott. Mrs. Scott was wrapping up her tour of state, where she was promoting lifelong reading habits among Florida's students. This is one of the many reasons why I love reporting. I have the chance to meet and speak with so many people who are at the heart of big/important issues. It's truly an honor for me to be the one who gets to provide the public with such important information.

No comments:

Post a Comment